- In her morning keynote speech, Jill Zimmerman, VP of The Alford Group, will address "The State of Funding for Tutoring and Mentoring Programs and Non-Profits."
- Alex Cornwell, Associate Director of Chicago Lights Tutoring and Summer Day Program, will lead a workshop on creating and managing a successful job training and career development program for high school students.
- Ethan Austin and Desiree Vargas of GiveForward will lead "Online Fundraising 101 for Small Non-Profits. We have had great success with their platform!
- In the afternoon keynote, Tim Hogan, Creative Director at The Royal Order of Experience Design, will discuss how business and non-profits can work together by providing volunteers and their skills.
- Play the Social Media Game in an afternoon workshop led by Lovette Ajayi of Community Media Workshop. (And don't forget to tweet your thoughts throughout the conference with hash tag #TMC09.)
- Deborah McNelis of Brain Insights will provide an overview of brain development in her workshop through visual demonstrations which demostrate how you can have more impact on the learning brain.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
The Tutor/Mentor Leadership and Networking Conference is just one day away! (Tomorrow!) I've been counting down for a week now and we're almost there! Here is some of what's in store for Day One: