Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick hits

My blog updates have been intermittent lately, which I plan to remedy, but briefly I wanted to catch you all up on recent happenings at Cabrini Connections and the Tutor/Mentor Connection.
  • Today I was asked by my friend Kathy Engelken to join Illinois Campus Compact's Executive Advisory Council. I was happy to accept and I look forward to reconnecting with this organization that I interned for in 2009. Expect a "university partnerships" blog post from me early next week.
  • GIS Mapping Coordinator Mike Trakan was on Outside the Loop Radio this week to talk about the upcoming Tutor/Mentor Jam. You can check out the interview here. Mike comes on at about 4:30.
  • 2010-2011 NUPIP Fellow Karina Walker has begun networking with tutor/mentor programs in her position as Research and Collaboration Coordinator for T/MC. I joined her recently for visits to Chicago Lights and BUILD which are recapped on her blog here.
  • Last Saturday, Cabrini Connections, in partnership with other organizations from Region 2, hosted "Back to School - Make It Cool." We had lots of games and performances for entertainment and lots of backpacks and school supplies to give away. You can view great pictures from the event here and recaps by staff here and here.
  • Going into this summer, EL Da' Sheon and I set out to meet with every student and volunteer looking to return to the program in 2010-2011. So far we have met with 75 people! As part of his sports concepts series, EL Da' Sheon talks about these meetings as conditioning tests here on Cabriniblog.
  • Follow me on Twitter! I may not be blogging as often, but I am tweeting!
  • It's Friday the 13th. Be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment