Just to catch you up, here are some recent and upcoming happenings around CC, TMC...
- Our annual Art Festival was held on Friday, April 16th, at Palette & Chisel Academy of Fine Arts. More than 100 adults and students turned out for the event which raised more than $2000. Check out pictures from opening reception here, and, to learn more about our learning and enrichment clubs, click here.
- Our 18th annual Year-End Dinner is approaching fast. This year it will be held on Thursday, June 10th, from 5:30-8pm at 1111 N. Wells St. If you've volunteered, donated, or worked with us in any way this year, we'd love to see you there. It will be a fabulous night filled with food, fun, and performances. Click here to RSVP.
- We have a new theme for 2010-2011 - "My Dreams are My Reality!" - submitted by 12th grader Dijana Smith and chosen by the Youth Leadership Council. When asked about what inspired her to write it, Dijana said, "Now that I'm a senior, I'm close to my dreams, and I want to make them a reality." How great is that?! We'll kick off this new theme at the Year-End Dinner, so until then, "Hope, Build, Believe, & Achieve!"
- This summer, Highland Park Country Club will host Cabrini Connections Golf Benefit on Thursday, July 15th. If it's anything like last year, it will be a beautiful day and a great celebration. Visit our web site if you'd like to tee it up in a foursome or promote your business as a sponsor.
- Our 31st biannual Tutor/Mentor Leadership & Networking Conference will be held on Thursday and Friday, May 27th and 28th, at Loyola University Chicago's Lake Shore Campus in Rogers Park. Much of the schedule is beginning to take shape as workshops, panels, and keynotes are confirmed. Read Nicole White's blog posts here and here for a complete list and visit our conference web site to officially register.
- Our GIS Mapping Coordinator Mike Trakan has been doing a great job of keeping up with current events and highlighting their interconnectedness to the quality and availability of non-school programs for youth. On his blog, you can read about the role of Tutor/Mentor Connection and what you can do to help. Mike is looking for a consistent flow of investment in our maps and someone to help market our mapping technology. He asks that you please consider a donation, sponsorship, or referral to someone with similar interests and a philanthropic budget.